Saturday, November 10, 2007

Rain Rain Go away

I've been in Finland all week, mostly just working. Long days. Hardly any light, and really no sunshine to speak of. When I arrived Sunday, it had obviously recently snowed, but that melted quickly. I guess Monday was ok weather wise. I slept in pretty late as I had arrived at 2am. It was a decent day and the walk to the train, and from the train to the office was brisk but refreshing. By evening it was drizzling and dark. It gets dark around 4pm now, and is still dark at 8 am. Tue&Wed were long days at the office punctuated by occasional taxi rides in the rain from one building to another.
On Thursday we went offsite to Majvik. It is a few kilometers from Espoo, and a rather nice place. Christian and I got there early, so I went for a walk while it was still dark/dusky. It was raining lightly, but not enough to bother with.
There were some wonderful trees, berries and birds, but the light wasn't really cooperative for good photography with my point&shoot.
Thursday evening we did some stretching exercises and learned some good techniques for a quick exercise routine even when travling. I will need to try them out over time to see if they really help out. I think they will. Then we went on to the obligatory (but highly enjoyable) sauna. None of us were really up for a swim in the lake, so we just enjoyed the sauna, and a beer in between times. I always enjoy the sauna, because it is relaxing and cleansing, and I sleep well afterwards. Friday was a pretty productive day, but the weather was really rotten on the way back to the city. Now I am sitting here, getting ready to come home and really ready to be back home after 2 weeks. I'll post more about the trip, especially the China part later after I am back home.

No comments: