Monday, November 12, 2007

Home again

Well, I made it back home. Now I'm just suffering from that old nemesis of travelers: Jetlag. I managed to stay awake till about 8pm and slept all the way till 3:45am. Fortunately I was able to relieve my bladder, and get back to sleep till 8, so maybe, just maybe it'll go ok this time...

Weather here at home seems dreary and makes it hard to get moving this morning. But the jungle I call a back yard seems to be taking over and I really need to do something about it. Funnily enough the grapes I had cut for the family before I left, but forgot to bring in from the back yard, turned to raisins while I was gone; now I need to rescue them before they start to mildew and rot in from the rain. Also I have way too many ripe apples on my tree, I guess I'll have to make apple sauce, or eat a lot of pie over the next few weeks before we head off into the wild blue yonder. So much to do and so little time left-- better go find my cup of real decaf, something I had trouble finding abroad, and get started with the chores.

No comments: