Sunday, May 18, 2014

Ygrayne and Ally visit China

Wow, I cannot believe that it is May and my last post was in December.  Obviously some things have happened which I haven't blogged, and I'll have to go back and add a couple of posts.  But since I have these photos ready, I'll put them up now.

Ygrayne and her friend Ally visited during the end of April and first couple days of May.  They first came to see us in Hangzhou.  Unfortunately I had to work during most of that time, so I don't have much to show for that.  Cindy took them around and maybe she'll post some photos of their adventures around the lake, up the Lei Feng Pagoda, and He Fang street.

Over the weekend they were here, we took them to Beijing to the Forbidden Palace, the Lama Temple, the Confucius Temple and to the Great wall:

BeijingApr2014-0750.jpgBeijingApr2014-0771.jpgTienanmen Square photo sessionuntitled-01-2.jpg

Great Wall Climb
Say Hi, at the Great Wall


And then they went to Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors. I don't have photos of that, but they had a grand time seeing the Mosque, the Warriors, having traditional dumplings and other things. Then they came back to Hangzhou for a couple of days before leaving back to the states.
untitled-37-2.jpg
untitled-37.jpg
untitled-22.jpg All in all, we had a great time with them, and enjoyed their visit a lot. Here are Ygrayne and I at the Lama Temple, Beijing. untitled-18.jpg

No comments: