Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Little Time Out

I had been a little out of sorts this last week, though it was a short work week, it was a bit frustrating and stressful. On Friday I wasn't too keen on being in and around the house, but not feeling up to venturing out either. In any case, my lovely wife suggested that we should get out of the house on Saturday morning for a few hours. So we decided to go to Lalbagh. Now we had been there before, but it was a long time ago. It was really nice to get out to a park which was clean (mostly) and had few people in it. I don't know why there weren't more. Mostly it seemed to be young couples enjoying a bit of privacy in the open.Lal Bagh friends The trees are beautiful and some of them are very large. Lal Bagh 2009-10-0312 Much of the gardens are manicured, but some of the park is more wild looking. I don't know if it is completely wild or not.

We walked up and around the lake. Lal Bagh 2009-10-033 Last time I was there, Cindy and I had seen the lake, but approached it from below and didn't realize it was quite as large as it is. The part we had seen was mostly covered in lilies and was rather small. There is a bridge crossing it which had obscured the rest of the lake for us at the time. This time we walked all the way around it, at a leisurely pace, and it took us almost an hour--well we did stop to take a picture or two. Spikey And as it is a botanical garden, they have some wonderful plants too, including lots of Bamboo. Lal Bagh 2009-10-035 and some really pretty flowers,Lal Bagh 2009-10-034 even those not necessarily in places like the rose garden. All in all I have to say it was delightful, and just the thing I needed to pick up my mood. It is so nice to get out to a natural space, even if it does take almost an hour to get there and another to get home again...

1 comment:

Maya said...

Looks beautiful - sorry to hear it was a stressful week!