Saturday, May 23, 2009

Psychic Security

We have security at all of the buildings I work at, but they are only responsible for the access to our work areas etc. There is separate building security for the buildings where we don't occupy the whole building. In one of these buildings, there is a bank. I presume it is the bank that has required that there is a metal detector and anything that goes through needs to be checked. So everytime I enter, the metal detector beeps from my computer bag. So I put my bag on the table for the security guard to check. He puts his hands, one on each side, squeezes the bag slightly, and shakes his head. I guess he has either xray hands, or he's psychic. I've got a laptop, charger, phone charger, cables, notepad, and other items in the bag. There's no way he can tell what is in it by one little squeeze. But oh well, he's checked it and I can go on in.

1 comment:

Maya said...

What, you don't believe that he's a graduate of the 5-year intensive bomb-detection-in-3-seconds-with-one-squeeze training course? Cynic!