Saturday, March 14, 2009

Post Delhi and Holi

Two weekends ago we had to go to Delhi to get our Visas extended. It wasn't the most exciting trip, but educational. 3 of us went, we had to arrive the day before for a long day of waiting in lines and overused waiting rooms. We did get out in the middle of the day for a few hours. During this time we wandered around Kahn's Market. It's great for shopping, but since we had come with hand luggage only, we didn't pick up much. We did eat at a nice place called the Side Wok Restaurant. Good Asian food. We managed to get the 8:15pm flight back to Bangalore same day. We had our letter to the FRO in hand. Unfortunately it was only a 3 month extension. So now we need to finish out the process here in Bangalore...

Last weekend was a long one for me-sort of. We had Tuesday off (Id), and were supposed to have Monday off in trade for a coming Saturday. I had meetings most of the day, so I worked from home instead. But it was still restful. I did get to relax, and read a book. Maya was gone, so it was just the 3 of us and pretty quiet around the house. Did a bit of shopping for Cindy's photography course on Tuesday.

Wednesday was Holi. I expected to see a lot of 'ruckus' and colors. I didn't. Cindy reported seeing some as she was out with Ari shopping and they saw some, but it was really quiet in our neighborhood. It seems Holi is more of a North Indian festival. I did see one boy the next day coming out to catch the school bus. He had obviously been playing Holi. His legs and arms were still all bright red from the dye. I wished I had a camera with me at that time, but no luck. Anyways he seemed to be hiding behind his mom a bit, I wonder if he wasn't a bit shy about it.

Today Maya got back from Singapore. She's tired but happy. We didn't hear much more (or maybe Cindy did on the way back from the airport). She's resting now.
More later...

No comments: