Saturday, May 10, 2008

My-sore Ears

Last weekend we went to Mysore--most of you probably know that from Cindy's post. I'd had an ear infection the week before. I went to the Dr, and got a prescription for antibiotics. It had pretty much gone away, but I still went to the ENT. He said everything was ok, and the fluid should be gone by June. So off to Mysore. Manju had put a couple of garlands of flowers hanging from the rear-view mirror. They smelled lovely, but by the time we were in Mysore, my ears were totally stuffed up. I could barely hear the guide as he took us around the palace. I didn't get any pictures as they said you could not take your camera inside--so I left it in the car. I could have taken some nice ones of the grounds, but oh well--next time. We'll be back with visitors I am sure.
My lack of hearing, and general lack of feeling well therefrom cut our trip short. We did manage to see St. Philomena's church.20080502 Mysore 007 Made me think of europe. It is traditional gothic design. It also has the ubiquitous bee hive.Ubiquitous Bee Hives Seems these are all over. There have been several on my building at work. There was one in a tree down from the house-now gone. They do seem to move from time to time.

So anyways, before we went to the church we went to the market.Fruit @ Market The square was relatively open and mostly had fruit vendors. But behind that there was the permanent market. The aisles were about 3-4 feet wide, and often filled with fruit piled up here and there, mostly bannanas. Lots of different things were available. One young man started following us and trying to get us to go to his incense "factory". I am sure it was nothing more than a stall, as I saw several people engaged in manufacturing wares on the spot. We didn't go, but I did see others with incense.

I am still having trouble with my sore ears. My left ear is clogged up again, so I guess it is back to the ENT this week. At least it is only Rs300 to see the Dr.

1 comment:

Maya said...

It's so odd to see that gothic architecture there - and how well it seems to be holding up to the climate etc. Love the beehives, though. They remind me of the swallows' nests at C & R's school. Nice that no-one thinks they should be removed.

Could your ears be an allergic reaction? Though I'm sure you've thought of that...