Monday, February 11, 2008

Of Grammys and Appliances

Sitting here watching the Grammys, yes we get them on delay in prime time here, I was reminded of our Fridge. I know, most appliances make some sort of noise, but most of them not musical. So why does watching the Grammys make me think of the fridge? Because ours sings to us. No really it does. When the door is left open too long it plays an electronic version of It's a Small Small World. Really pretty amusing when you think about it. It is a small world and we should take care of it by not wasting energy. The best part is that if you even leave the door open for just a few extra seconds more than it takes to reach in and grab the milk, when the door is closed it kind of whimpers the first 2 notes.

As for other things electrical, I called about our UPS today and our water filter. Both will be taken care of soon, ie nothing has been done yet. So more waiting and unfortunately another day for Cindy to stay home for the installers. Also I called about our couch which was supposed to be re-upholstered. In the afternoon I got a call from someone who said something like "mumble MG Road mumble Glass Samples mumble mumble office." I guessed he was coming to show me some samples of something and wanted to know where my office was. Sure enough he had fabric samples for the couch--which we ordered over 3 weeks ago and would be ready in a few days.... They hadn't even started. Worst yet, the sample wasn't really very nice, so now we need to figure out how to get something better. This means even more waiting. Oh well, welcome to Indian Stretchable Time.

Other than that, my trip to Finland was short but necessary. Unfortunately I didn't get to go back by Giselle on the way home, but I had been away from home for almost 2 weeks straight and needed to be back with people here. I hope to stay in India through March now (wish me luck).

1 comment:

hannahbeekuhns said...

singing fridge? how do i get one? flooding! unbelievable!